I approach my work on the web with several guiding principles in mind:
- Respect and empower users. People deserve quick, clear, and accessible ways to find what they need. My work prioritizes the needs of all users—especially stress cases and blind spots.
- Nail the basics. Unpacking problems, doing research, and taking the time to gain consensus may not sound glamorous, but they lay a practical, and flexible, foundation for the future.
- Love the weeds. Few people like to tangle with the details—and then there’s me. Exploring and understanding the little things provides context and connection for the bigger picture.
- Reflect the client’s reality. The best solutions help clients flourish within their constraints. I give them the tools and training to maintain their sites after launch, no matter what limitations they may face.
If this approach dovetails with yours, I’d love to hear from you!
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Gettysburg College
- The Associated Press
- Harvard University
- Seton Hill University
- University of California